R Park master plan
In 2014, the Citizens Fundraising Initiative for R Park began to raise funds and work in coordination with the City Parks and Trees Committee on a master plan for improvements to R Park.
The current master plan was approved by the City in early 2017. Highlights of the revised plan include the following:
- medium-sized picnic shelter
- small shelters over existing picnic tables
- multi-use sport green space
- focal points for art pieces
The plan also calls for R Park to be declared an arboretum. The first step toward gaining this status is marking the 27 new trees with signs giving information about each tree.
- Sculpture ‘See Red Run!’ installed
- Shade shelters in progress!
- Small shelters progressing!
- New trees to be planted in R Park
- Installation of a drinking fountain
- Benches, picnic tables, trash receptacles and bicycle racks
- New signs added to R Park
- Construction of a walking trail
Please note: the scope of work is subject to change based on available funding and priorities.